One on my biggest mistakes was NEVER eating breakfast. I just did not have the time or the energy. I also thought I was saving myself the calories by not eating them, since I was never hungry in the morning any way. I was wrong! I have heard that people that never eat breakfast usually make up for it sometime during the day, AND THEN SOME in my case!!! By the time lunch came around I was a hungry girl ready to over eat… if I had not found a snack of some sweet treat and some coffee earlier in the day. You see skipping breakfast lowers your blood sugar, which brings on those cravings for high-carb, high-calorie-sugar foods. It is by far the best to get up and get that metabolism working for you with a healthy breakfast. The best thing you can do for you and your diet is to eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar on an even keel. This will also keep you from getting ravenous and ready to devour anything in site!!! Eating will also speed up your metabolism…..yep you have to eat to lose weight!!!
Here are some of my favorite breakfasts::
1. Egg White Scramble::140 calories:: 4 egg whites, 1 cup Spinach, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/2 peppers, 4 Tablespoons fresh Pico de gallo
2. Go Lean Crunch::220 calories:: 1 cup Go Lean Crunch, 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3. Breakfast Parfait::290 calories:: 1 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of fresh fruit, 1/4 granola
4. Arbonne Vegan Protein shake::190 calories:: 2 scoops of either chocolate or vanilla, 1 cup almond milk
5. Sweet Bread::240 calories:: 2 slices toasted Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon Raisin Bread, 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
6. Refrigerator Oatmeal::210 calories:: 1/2 cup old fashion oats, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. All put in a jar or bowl the night before. In AM its ready!! You can warm or eat cool!!
7. A&B Toast::220 calories:: 1 slice of Ezekiel bread, 1 Tablespoon Almond butter, 1/2 banana
8. Cheese &Fruit::180 calories:: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup fresh Pineapple
9. Apples&Almond Butter::290 calories:: 1 small sliced green apple dipped in 2 Tablespoons of Almond butter
THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!
10. Egg Sandwich::230 calories:: 1 slice toasted Ezekiel Bread, 1 Egg fried in non stick pan(no oil), 1 slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese, 1 slice of turkey bacon
Studies show that people who eat a healthy breakfast everyday are the most successful dieters. A nutritious breakfast causes your body to burn fat more efficiently and starts your day off perfectly.
Enjoy!! Have a great day!!!